Dental Implants in Bastrop, TX
Most people do their best to keep their smile healthy and clean, but sometimes life gets in the way. Regardless of how a tooth is lost, the emotional impact is still the same. Having a gap in your smile can affect the way you eat, how you speak, and how you look.
Because your smile is one of the most immediate things people notice about you, people might make unfair assumptions or judgments. Even if your missing tooth isn’t visible to others, you are still affected by it. We encourage our patients in Bastrop, Smithville, and surrounding counties to take the time to learn how a missing tooth can affect your oral health over time, and how dental implants can help.
A Missing Tooth Can Change Your Smile
A gap in your smile is more than inconvenient; it can change the way your smile looks over time. That’s because without a root holding the bone in position, your jaw bone will start to recede. Your surrounding teeth will begin to shift towards the gap, creating a sunken effect that ages you.
It’s best to replace a missing tooth as soon as possible to avoid any complications.
Here at CS Family Dentistry, we want to restore your smile and bring your confidence back. Dr. Cole Smith is skilled at high-quality dentistry and will guide you through the entire process.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace your entire tooth down to the root. The implant is surgically anchored to your jawbone and supports the dental implant crown.
Here are the three basic components of the dental implant:
- The dental implant which is secured to your jawbone
- The abutment screws into the implant and supports the dental crown
- The dental crown is the visible part of your new tooth. This dental prosthesis looks and feels like your natural tooth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a popular tooth replacement; they restore your smile and your confidence. Because the implants fuse to your bone, you’ll never have to worry about them slipping or sliding. With proper care and maintenance, a dental implant can last you a lifetime—it might even outlive your natural teeth. You never have to worry about your implant developing tooth decay or yellowing stains.
It is still important to practice good oral hygiene, including regular brushing and flossing, as well as regular visits to Dr. Smith for polishing and check-ups. If you smoke, now might be a good time to quit to minimize complications.
Dental implants are sought out for various reasons, including but not limited to:
- Individual tooth—If you are missing a single tooth, the implant will prevent nearby teeth from shifting and help prevent bone loss.
- Multiple teeth—If you are missing multiple bordering teeth, an implant bridge can restore your smile. Instead of having to replace each tooth, an implant-supported bridge can replace several at once.
- All-on-4—If you are missing all teeth on the upper or lower jaw, you can replace your whole row of teeth with just four implants instead of replacing each missing tooth. These implants are then attached to a set of prosthetic teeth.
About the Dental Implant Process
The dental procedure generally works by surgically placing a thin titanium post in your jawbone and allowing that to anchor and heal. Once the abutment is set, the dental crown can be secured. The implants become secured to your bone and are a permanent tooth replacement.
The process generally takes four to six months, and many of our patients can continue their daily routine without disruption.
Are You Interested in Dental Implants?
If you are interested in a tooth replacement option that looks, feels, and acts like your natural tooth and can last you forever; give CS Family Dentistry, located in Bastrop, TX, a call to schedule your dental appointment. Dr. Cole Smith will evaluate your oral health as well as offer advice and answer questions.
We look forward to seeing your smile!